Yabatech Female Hostel Gutted By Fire


In the early hours of  today Wednesday, a  fire outbreak caused by a generator razed the first floor of Bakassi Hostel at Yaba College of Technology, (Yabatech) Lagos.
A student of the institution who was affected by the fire outbreak said: There was no light when we woke up in the morning and we normally put on the generator by 5am to prepare for classes.”
“A girl whose room was closest to where the generator is located noticed a spark but initially ignored it,” the student said.
A second spark was what resulted in the fire which razed the entire first floor of the female hostel.
The student further noted that many undergraduates unsuccessfully attempted to put out the fire using a fire extinguisher.



Post a Comment

0 Comments